Re: /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-*.README

Hi Gerrit

> >$ diff openssh-2.9p2.README openssh-2.9p2.README.orig
> >30c30
> ><    CYGWIN=ntsec /usr/bin/ssh-host-config
> >---
> >>    /usr/bin/ssh-host-config
> >
> That won't work, CYGWIN environment settings needs to be set
> before starting a bash shell.

Well, that's exactly what I'm doing here: I set CYGWIN before the
shell script ssh-host-config gets started. I tested it and it works
fine.

During my tests I noticed that cygrunsrv, invoked by
ssh-host-config, has to run as administrator. Otherwise you get an
"Access denied" exception. I think this information could be
provided in the README as well.

To summarize what I did:

1. Start a bash as Administrator (on Win2k I did it with
shift right-click "Run as..." on the bash icon).

2. Setup sshd configuration files and service:
$ CYGWIN=ntsec /usr/bin/ssh-host-config -y

3. Start sshd service:
$ net start sshd

Voilą.

Btw: There is a proposal attached to make ssh-host-config -y really
non-interactive.

Daniel.

--
Daniel Steinmann, Insonic AG, Zuerich, Switzerland
daniel.steinmann@insonic.com, +41 1 317 88 99, fax: +41 1 317 88 90