Make a package never update

I do not want perl updated on my cygwin - I prefer to hack at it from a
perl built under windows (don't ask). If I never want the perl under
cygwin updated, is it sufficient to remove it from cygwin using
setup.exe? Will that prevent future updates from ever being shown to me?
--
Matthew O. Persico

http://www.acecape.com/dsl
AceDSL:The best ADSL in Verizon area