"How to Ask Questions The Smart Way"

One of our regular cygwin mailing list contributors (and frequent 'agent
provocatuer') has pointed me to a wonderful article written by Eric S.
Raymond.

It is entitled "How to Ask Questions The Smart Way" and it is here:

Here's the first paragraph:

"In the world of hackers, the kind of answers you get to your technical
questions depends as much on the way you ask the questions as on the
difficulty of developing the answer.  This guide will teach you how to
ask questions in a way that is likely to get you a satisfactory answer."

If you have the time, this article is, IMO, well worth a read.

If you don't have the time, and you still want to get questions answered
by the hacker volunteers who man free software projects, then you really
should make the time anyway and read this article.

cgf