Re: Virus Found

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:41:46 +0200, Corinna Vinschen
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 04:27:40PM -0600, Troy Noble wrote:
>> Hah!  That's good.
>>
>> And I also saw Chuck's note about scp working... so maybe it's a non-issue.
>
>But that's not quite true.  This was a long discussed topic on
>the openssh-usinx-dev mailing list about the unluck interference
>of profile output and scp... Hrm, it's some months ago, I
>wonder if it's solved somehow and I didn't pay attention...

I was recently (within the past few weeks) having problems with scp
due to this, so it is still a potential problem with some systems.

If people are seriously interested I can investigate this further. It
may be that one of the systems involved has an old version of ssh
causing the problem.

IIRC I put in some traps to prevent the output when there was no
terminal. I'm sure the same could be done under CygWin.
--
Mark Gordon - To email me replace spamtrap with mark.gordon
	A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.