Re: Seeking Cygwin installer for the simpleminded

I've done it, too. I was working in bit of network
space and wanted the basics of Cygwin without using
much disk space. I used Nullsoft's Free installer,
NSIS:

http://www.nullsoft.com/free/

I decided my "cygwin lite" might possibly be useful
enough for other people to use so I put up a
SourceForge project page.
The stuff is still up there at:

http://cygwin-lite.sourceforge.net/

Basically it just installs a "snapshot" of a full
Cygwin to C:\cygwin and writes the correct registry
entries (if you want it anywhere else, too bad). But,
I also included basic instructions on how to build
your own installer. A warning, though: it's a bit out
of date right now as the newer DLL's took up more
space so that it wouldn't fit on a floppy anymore :(
I was still pondering whether to drop my tiny-vim or
what.

 Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:13:16 -0400