Re: Latest Install - Domain account - File permisssions

Ok

here is what I have done in the meanwhile. I installed the latest setup.exe on 2 more windows 2000 professional servers and 1 more windows 2000 server and the results are the same on each of them.

All the machines are part of an Windows NT domain with approx 300 users.
All the machines have SP 2 and all critical updates installed.
All the machines are logged in as a DOMAIN user with administrative rights

The PDC and BDC are running Windows NT 4.0 SP6

If I run mkpasswd -d or mkpasswd -d DOMAIN I get 12 entries with the first 3
being Everyone, SYSTEM and Administrators followed by the first 9 users
of the domain.

If on any of those machines I go to a share permission and click on Add I get the
full list of the DOMAIN users (~300)

I tried this being logged in as myself as a DOMAIN user with admin rights and
I also tried it with the administrator login of the domain.

Same results. I am pretty much at the end of things and time to try to get this to work.

Hope this helps, thanks

Serge