Re: cygwin 1.3.3: cannot debug anymore

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 06:11:54PM +0200, Frederic Devernay wrote:
>Since I upgraded to cygwin-1.3.3, I keep getting:
>
>gdb: unknown target exception 0x000006d1 at 0x77e7f142
>
>Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.
>0x77e7f142 in _libuser32_a_iname ()
>
>whenever starting a program under gdb. Same happens with the latest
>gdb snapshot (20010918), and the problem is solved if I go back to
>1.3.2.
>
>This problem seems to have happened quite a few times in the past
>under w2k, but nobody ever reported a solution (in fact, it seems that
>cygwin developpers couldn't reproduce the problem).
>
>Of course, gdb can even not debug itself in this case... how can I
>help more?

Check out the file how-to-debug-cygwin.txt in the CVS repository.

You can read this via the web via this link:

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/?cvsroot=src

You can use the techniques listed in this message to debug cygwin.

Since I use gdb to debug applications on an almost daily basis on W2K
I can't offer any insight about what is going on.

cgf