Re: Can't change password

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 09:13:28AM -0700, Mike Slinn wrote:
> I've read through all the documents (so many words!) but I don't see
> anything that I recognize as being directly applicable.  I have a standalone
> NT box, it is not part of a domain.
>
> Isn't there a straightforward answer to my problem?  The amount of
> documentation, and the way it is written, makes me thing that I'll need to
> spend days figuring it all out!  Also, I again note that in a previous
> response Corinna seemed to discourage the use of login.
>
> I searched the mailing list archives before posting my original question,
> but didn't find an answer for NT machines that are not part of a domain.

Not one of my answers was restricted to domains.  I'm using a plain
standalone box, too.  Same problem.  You can't use login if you're
not a privileged user.  Refer to previous mailings (from back in
1996 AFAIK 'til this year!) which privileges have to get set.  And
some of these mailings even answer how to do that on NT4 vs. W2K.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.