Re: [BUG] cygwin-1.3.3-2 -- making auto-import dlls

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 10:38:24AM +0900, Jong B. Lee wrote:
>Attached file is a part of Charles Wilson's dllhelpers-0.2.7
>(originally from Mumit Khan's).  This dllhelpers used to be introduced
>as an example for those people who ask how to build and use dlls on
>cygwin, and its' good.
>
>It fails to run on cygwin 1.3.3-2 with a heap error.  C++/F77 cases
>work good.  Only C examples fail to execute.  This error does not occur
>on cygwin-1.3.2-1.

Change the DLL load address to be something besides 61500000 and it will work.

And, before you respond, let me assure you that I am aware that worked
fine in 1.3.2 and I have no intention of trying to fix this in cygwin 1.3.4
or any other release.

Change the base address and it will work.  You can consider this a permanent
limitation of cygwin for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the minimal test case, btw.  This allowed me to confirm that what
was going on was what I assumed was going on.

And now, I have to find the URL for this message since I'll have to answer
this at least once a week for the foreseeable future.

cgf