Network Performance

I am using the ftp client that comes with cygwin 1.33 on a Windows 2K Pro
machine. (Dual 1.2 AMD with Intel 100/1000TX NIC). The performance is NOT
what I expected. I get 2.1 megs a second. With the same setup from the cmd
prompt using the ftp client provided with Win2K. I get 10.6 megs a second.
Are there any reasons for this? The cpu usage is about 45% with cygwin. The
cpu usage with cmd prompt is about 25%. The main goal is to get rsync
working from Irix machines, Linux machines, and other Win2K machines with
cygwin.

Thanks
Todd

ps has anyone ported a Linux DAFS client to cygwin?
http://www.dafscollaborative.org/tools/spec.shtml