Re: dynamic perl shipped with cygwin

Okay, my problem is solved. Thanks to both of
you for responding, it sent me looking at some
interesting stuff and I definitely learned a lot.

But my problem was a simple one- I had recently
updated cygwin due to a problem with perl 5.6.1-1.
I was moving stuff around and copying and pasting,
and I ended up with a 5.6.1-2 perl.exe, and a 5.6.1-1
libperl5_6_1.dll. That is a bad combination. Not to
mention my /lib/perl5 stuff was a mix and match of
5.6.1-2 and 5.6.1-1 stuff. The fact that the "/lib/perl5/*/cygwin"
folder changed names to "/lib/perl5/*/cygwin-multi"
didn't help me when I was copying *over* the /lib/perl5 folder. :-)

So I guess the only cure for my stupidity is
banging my head against the wall.

Thanks for you help-

Peter