Re: WTF?!

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 06:28:32PM +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >I think if point 1 applies to you then you are not being paid to read
>> >the mailing lists too - are you ?
>>
>> No.  I'm not.  Would you like me to ignore all of the email I get
>> relating to keeping this mailing list running, too?  I could just turn
>> the mailing list off.  That would be a lot easier.
>
>This is not what I mean of course. The line below should explain it.

No.  I don't think you understand.  I get *a lot* of email from people
off-list who are completely confused about how to use the mailing list.
It would be truly wonderful if I didn't have to deal with that email on
a daily basis.  I'd love to just classify it as silly and forget about
it.

I'm not going to do that, of course because there isn't anyone else
available for dealing with these issues.

Similarly when the third "I can't compile libiberty" message came in, I
assumed that everyone was obviously thinking about the problem
incorrectly and no one was actually going to offer a solution.  So, I
offered an observation and a solution.

cgf