From: egor duda [mailto:deo@logos-m.ru]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 5:27 PM
To: Ivan Begtin
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Looks like Cygwin don't close sometimes event descriptors

Hi!

Friday, 21 September, 2001 Ivan Begtin ibegtin@biolink.com.ru wrote:

please, keep your answers to the list. i'm intentionally setting
2 copies of each message.

IB> I use W2K Prof and still haven't tried this scenario with 1.3.3.

then i think you should try to. 1.3.3 contains a lot of fixes/changes

IB> As I remember I had same problem with v1.1.7 then I ported
multithreaded
IB> program to Cygwin.
IB> Process Explorer (HandleEx in past) don't show their names, just
number.
IB> Console utility handle show them but also without names.

do you mean it doesn't show names of all events or only those that are
leaking? HandleEx does show the names for named events, so we have 2
possibilities here -- either these are anonymous events (which may
help to track them down) or Process Explorer is missing needed
functionality in which case you should try to use original HandleEx.

descriptors