mounting stuff (was: RE: cygdrive stuff)

Here tis'.

I stripped out the UMSDOS fhandler, as it is orthogonal to the
architecture change. Where a test for the fhandler added clarity, I have
replaced UMSDOS with DEVFS - to reflect our hypotherical fhandler that
gets mounted at /dev.

The upshot of that is, that for this to compile, you will need to edit
fhandler.h and add the appropriate stubs to give DEVFS a device number.

Finally, I took this snap shot before a number of changes occured to
cygwin. You will most likely want to do something of the following
nature to get this into your sandbox:

checkout winsup.
read the patch and grab the CVS version number of each modified file...
for each one do the following
cvs up -r _version_number_ path/to/file.
then after all that
patch -p0 < localworkingstate.patch.

and then
cvs up -Pd -A
to get the subsequent cvs changes merged into your repository.

I apologise for the state of the code, it's somewhat shakey - but
functional - it was allowing me to mount my umsdos fhandler at arbitrary
points in the file system via the mount table. opendir() and readdir()
are not touched as yet - but this should allow them to tie in very
nicely _in a data driven fashion_ (that is rather than a set of special
cases - /dev, /registry - it's just a mount table lookup).

Rob

localworkingstuff.patch