problem with updating via setup.exe

I just went through the process of upgrading my installation to the latest
python and vim packages using setup.exe No bash windows open. No cygwin
related services running. Absolutely nothing cygwin related running at all.
I launch setup, after downloading the new packages and what not, and I get
an error extracting the python package. Particularly it could not write
C:\cygwin\bin\libpython2.1.dll I tried 2 times to get it to go, ensuring all
processes were stopped. Finally, I had to manually delete
/bin/libpython2.1.dll that already existed, then rerun setup to get it to
complete the update.
I got around it, but I thought the maintainers should know.

I am running the latest cygwin, 1.3.3, on NT 4 SP 6a workstation.

David Monk