Re: winxp/winme duelboot

lol. no. it's just a good example of window's downfalls & ms's problems with
not making the code more adaptable.

the installation that i detailed only creates "possible" problems with MS's
programs (Media Player, IE, etc) since MS isn't that bright with specifing an
alternate location for installing "Program Files" to a secondary location
while installing their o/s's. (already submitted bug/problem to ms. as to
whether they'll do anything about it, i doubt it.  They probabely won't fix
it until 'All things are Microsoft' <giggle> <-- notice! no grief over ms
software here :)

Take notice that the better engineered o/s's offer alternate locations when
installing their o/s which improves o/s adaptability.

Anyways, i've already considered running the install on each o/s and it
probabely would work without problems doing so.  But i'm trying to find the
'file' that may contain the cygwin system wide variables or the specific file
that needs to be written.

btw: you may have mis-understood the 'find-utilities' program that i
described, as possibley being affected by the dual boot layout i have going
here.  i doubt it & if it did, i don't care. i'm trying to defeat another BIG
bug right now with winxp, as such, to resolve i had to install it as such per
my layout.  besides, it saves me problems with having more partitions then i
need....yada yada yada.

On Tuesday 02 October 2001 10:52 am, you wrote:
> The grief you've apparently brought on yourself by installing
> multiple Windows versions on the same partition is off topic, but
> you might consider running cygwin setup in each OS.

- --
- -----
My pulic GnuPG key (in armor format) can be found at:
http://www.alltel.net/~rogerx/index.html

My ICQ UIN# = 21252173

Created with Linux Mandrake 8.0!
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/