RE: How to make cygwin/bash shell work in emacs

Ehud

I greatly appreciate your help. I've tried the suggestion you've made but
still was not able to get it to work the way I want.

For example using method #3. Put the relevant code there: Not sure what to
put there.
But I've tried the "annex" and it (possible due to missing quote or spacing)
does not work. I've traced with the "set -x".

However I've found possible an interim solution, based on the info that the
".bashrc" is used by the sub-shell from within emacs. I put into the .bashrc
file the:

alias perl=c:/'Program\ Files'/bin/Perl.exe

line.

Now the sub-shell runs the perl I want like in the command line cygwin
shell.

Thanks again for your help and I've learnt some new stuff, regarding the
start-up file.

Regards

Roman