From: Gerrit P. Haase [mailto:gp@familiehaase.de]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 11:24 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: cygwin 1.3.[23] grindingly slow

Stephan Mueller schrieb am 2001-10-08, 14:59:

>There is no nt dir command file.  It's a built-in in the standard NT
>shell cmd.exe.  To run dir under a cygwin bash, you might try something

>like $ cmd /c dir
>
>Hope this helps; I'm keen to see speedups in this area myself, because
>ls can be very slow if I'm connected to my work network, especially
>over a comparatively slow link from home. stephan();

Ah, I see.
Ok. Now I can compare the ls runs with cmd builtin command. BTW, builtin
commands should be faster...that is why they are builtin.

Unfortunately the time command doesn't show times of windows processes.
I will have to write a little benchmark script.
Maybe someone has one written?
Also a pointer to a website would be helpful.

Gerrit

--
=^..^=