Re: Multiple cygwin installs: I have to do it, but how?

> There is no reason for vendors that distribute copies of cygwin1.dll -
> the net release with source - to spend man-weeks fiddling around to make
> everything separate. All they need to do is ship the cygwin1.dll with
> the cygwin setup program and a local cache dir already created. Then for
> their specific apps - say gcc + scripts - all they have to do is
> integrate them the *same way* they would on a unix system. No problem,
> no fuss.

This seems to be a bad deal for vendors. They get stuck with a lot of
support costs when people call up saying "how come your product doesn't work
anymore?" after they have updated cygwin out from under the vendors's
products. "Oh, just reinstall our software, it will downgrade your cygwin
and you'll be all set." That doesn't seem like it would work well.

-Peter