new setup.exe going to background

I'm not 100% sure if this is a new issue with
setup.exe 2.78.2.13, however it's the first time
I've noticed it.

On my Win98-SE box, I run setup.exe, and do the
following:

1. click next
2. select download from internet, click next
3. leave directory set (d:\download), click next
4. choose direct connection, click next
5. choose a mirror, click next

at this point, it puts up the "downloading
setup.exe" message in the foreground. Then the
message disappears, and the new (larger is GREAT
by the way) Cygwin package selector appears,
HOWEVER it appears in the BACKGROUND (behind a
windows explorer window and an internet explorer
window).

Is this a known problem?

Thanks,
--Kevin