Re: building qmail in cygwin - missing resolv.h

Guten Tag Andrew,

Am 2001-10-22 um 00:17 schriebst du:

> I am attempting to compile qmail cygwin.  I followed what generic pre-compile
> info I could find included with the source, and am halted by the following:

> Administrator@BUYERBEWARE ~/util/qmail/workdirs/qmail-1.03
> $ make setup
> ./compile dns.c
> dns.c:5: arpa/nameser.h: No such file or directory
> dns.c:6: resolv.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [dns.o] Error 1

resolv et al. are part of bind, there is a bind port of Biggs hosted
at sourceforge.

> any suggestions as to what I should use as a resolv.h and nameser.h file?
> Has anyone successfully built and installed qmail in cygwin?

No, qmail depends on mkfifo(), which isn't implemented in cygwin yet.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--
=^..^=