Re: building qmail in cygwin - missing resolv.h

"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

> Guten Tag Andrew,
>
> Am 2001-10-22 um 00:17 schriebst du:
>
> > I am attempting to compile qmail cygwin.  I followed what generic pre-compile
> > info I could find included with the source, and am halted by the following:
>
> > Administrator@BUYERBEWARE ~/util/qmail/workdirs/qmail-1.03
> > $ make setup
> > ./compile dns.c
> > dns.c:5: arpa/nameser.h: No such file or directory
> > dns.c:6: resolv.h: No such file or directory
> > make: *** [dns.o] Error 1
>
> resolv et al. are part of bind, there is a bind port of Biggs hosted
> at sourceforge.

Actually I think that qmail will compile out of the box with djbdns
(which is Dan Bernstein's replacement for BIND).

> > any suggestions as to what I should use as a resolv.h and nameser.h file?
> > Has anyone successfully built and installed qmail in cygwin?
>
> No, qmail depends on mkfifo(), which isn't implemented in cygwin yet.

That is probably the least of it.  I doubt qmail (and most of DJB's
software) will ever work with CygWin due to its fanatic devotion to
*nix features.

John

--
John Peacock