Re: Perl module XML::Parser + Expat build problem

Hallo Bruce,

2001-10-24 18:26:11, du schriebst:

> I am trying to install XML::Parser using cygwin + cygwin perl,
> which relies on the expat libs, but I have been unable to get expat to
> build,
> using make and gcc from cygwin.
> (cygwin install, version 2.78.2.9)

> I got expat from:

> http://expat.sourceforge.net/

> and others have informed me that a static lib should work with cygwin,
> and that expat-1.95.2 builds with a static lib by default.

I made a little change, now you will get dynamic libraries (if you use
the latest autotools), apply my patch and it should work then.
The patch is attached.

And you need to move the .dll in the bin dir after 'make install'
(ohoh, it is all so buggy), looks for me like this:
$ cp /usr/local/lib/libexpat-0-1-0.dll /usr/local/bin/libexpat-0-1-0.dll

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                 http://www.convey.de/
                                                Vitalisstraße 326-328