Re: Anyone using CYGWIN=title ?

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:

    Christopher> Would there be any objections to removing the "CYGWIN=title" kludge?
    Christopher> As has been discussed in this mailing list, you can change the title
    Christopher> using escape sequences, which gives you, IMO, much more control over what
    Christopher> is displayed than what is available from CYGWIN=title.

    Christopher> So, any objections to my removing this kludge from cygwin1.dll?

I'm using the following window configuration since b18-times. I start an rxvt
(X-version) terminal from inside my cygwin.bat)

rxvt -title %USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%@%COMPUTERNAME% -bg AntiqueWhite -fn 6x13 -geometry 166x48+0+20 -menu terminal -sl 2000

|__________________________________________|   <- Minimal height of 1 row
| |   Rxvt Title                       | | |   <- rxvt window with customised title
--------------------------------------------      (X version of rxvt)

So when running a program which spawns other programs in the rxvt window, I can see the
name of the just running program in the title row of the cmd window.
I always liked this behaviour. But since not long ago (I think it happened in the
cygwin-1.3 timeframe), this behaviour has changed. Now I only see the name of the rxvt
executable in the cmd window.

I still see the original behaviour in a standard bash shell window.

If it's possible to get back the original behaviour in the above case, I would
vote against removing CYGWIN=title.

Or is there any possibility to accomplish this using escape sequences ?

    Christopher> cgf

Ciao
  Volker