Re: A bug (?) in the current setup.exe 2.78.2.15

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> So one solution which comes to me is remove the scan_downloaded_files if
> there is
> no setup.ini install. But since its complicated topic I'll wait for
> somone elses
> opinion :)

Actually, scan_downloaded_files is there for exactly that purpose - setup at
one time was supposed to be able to pick up packages that were not part of
setup.ini and be able to install them, it was also supposed to be able to pick
up older versions that might not be listed in setup.ini for packages setup.ini
knows about and put those in the chooser options for install as well (usually
only in install from local directory mode) provided their was an open spot in
the structure.

That said - with all the current changes for categories and dependencies and
the reliance of setup on setup.ini and setup.hint it would appear that the days
of setup simply picking up packages out of the directory and installing them is
probably past.