Re: Trouble Building Mozilla 0.9.5

Mozilla has its own way of doing things

make -f client.mk build

is the way to build mozilla ...
it runs the configure scripts and does all sorts of stuff...

However ... trying to compile mozilla for xfree under cygwin ... I have not
heard it work ... and my attempts at doing so have been frustrating ... not
that I am an experienced port doing person...

First file it trys to compile gave me problems. This comes up because uname
-r has ( and ) in it ... (unless this changed in 1.3.4 ...) which will cause
gcc to complain about syntax errors in arguments being passed to it due to
mozilla compile process attempting to pass -DOSTYPE='`uname -m` `uname -r`'
... or something similar...
I modified the actual cygwin source to change my uname -r ... but theres
probably a not to hard way to modify the mozilla source to stop it from
passing uname -r... I just found changing uname easier for my simple mind...
(something to do with understanding code ... but NOT understanding
configure/automake/etc/etc...)

however ... mozilla is a big source ... and errors just kept on comming ...
and being fixed ... and comming some more... someone with some more patience
might be able to port it... or maybe just more knowledge...

At least all the prerequisite libraries compile and appear to be working, so
there is hope... sort of...

Gareth