Re: ssh: Write failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket

   From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov@syntrex.com>
   Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 13:11:20 +0100

   Jeff Mincy wrote:

   > I get "Write failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket"
   > when I try to do ssh X11 forwarding for the following command:
   >     'ssh -X -f jeff@delphioutpost.com xemacs'
   >
   > The contents of ssh -v output is attached:

   Ok you can look for more information on this topic and possible
   solutions if you search the mailing list using "The descriptor is a
   file, not a socket".

   [ ... ]

I had searched the archive for the entire
  "Write failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket"
and got 5 hits (starting with my report of this problem in a snapshot)
doing the search on
  "descriptor is a file not a socket"
gets ten pages of hits on rsync, inetd, postgres, cvs, getpeername.
Is there a particular message that I'm missing?

   > The cygcheck output is attached:
   >    cygcheck.out       Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
   >                   Encoding: base64

   Now this looks kinda strange to me - the attached files has some
   garbage in it a two points - could that be some kind of bug in
   cygcheck ?! Does anyone see the garbage in the attached file as I
   do ?

It was trashed - should have overridden the default (& broken)
octet-stream content type.

-jeff