Re: cygwin 2.78.2.9: ftp doesn't connect

Shing-Fat (Fred) Ma wrote:

> OK, I'm upgraded now.  Thank!
>
> ftp works, but only if I disable ZoneAlarm firewall.
> ZoneAlarm does ask whether to grant access to ftp.exe,
> but nothing happens thereafter.  Is cooperation with firewalls
> something which requires extra stuff on the part of cygwin, or
> would it be a problem with ZoneAlarm?
>

> Fred

FIWI, I also have ZoneAlarm, I never disable it to run anything Cygwin,
and I do not have this problem.  I assume you DID answer "Yes" to allow
the connection and CHECK the "Remember this decision" box, yes?

Also, make sure the FTP you're picking up is the Cygwin FTP not the
FTP.EXE in %WinDir%.  Other than that, I do it all the time.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around
nice guy.