Re: GDB error

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:27:09 +1100,  Mathew Boorman
<mathew.boorman@au.cmg.com> wrote:

>cgf said:
>>This would also be one of those errors where if I can't duplicate it, I
>>can't fix it.
>
>and in response to:
>
>>>My (pretty clean) 2000 machine at home gdb works fine. (1.3.3-2 I think)
>>>My NT4SP6 machine at work gets this exact problem.
>
>>Hat size?
>
>Thanks for the input ;-)  As this is a noisy list this is probably left
>unsaid, if you really think its worth taking exception I suggest taking it
>offlist and/or clipping back the message.
>
>I expect debugging gdb is going to be beyond what most many developers would
>attempt, especially if it does not work on their platform.
>
>Any input that will get it running is helpfull.
>Specifically does anyone with a 'recent' cygwin have it running on NT4 SP6?

Yes. This gdb (v5 20010428-3) hasn't SIGSEGV'd itself yet - previous
versions have, but never consistently (some of the SIGSEGV's have
occured when starting). This gdb hasn't been used much yet.

Cygwin is 1.3.4-4(*1) under NT4 Wks SP6a RC 1.28(*2). There's years
worth of junk on it so the cleanliness issue might be best at the bottom
of your list. Bash profile removes some of the windows environment.
cygwin.bat fires up bash low priority therefore ditto everything else.

Looking at the previous comments above, I'm not sure if this is on or
off-topic? This is my first post to the cygwin list. I don't want to get
off on the wrong foot, hence the short posting.

(*1)    1.3.4-4 built from source but only 2 irrelevent additions -
        exposed fnmatch() and added a getline().
(*2)	RC 1.28 kernel to fix non-paged pool exhaustion issue.

--
swamp-dog@ntlworld.com