Re: tetex-beta nitpicking [WAS: Re: no more package moratorium?]

Markus Hoenicka <Markus.Hoenicka@uth.tmc.edu> writes:

> Did you install the teTeX texmf tree? Just installing Tetex-beta is
> not enough, as explained by the Tetex-beta readme.

This is exacly why I asked if there was any chance if this would get
fixed (.. is not enough), or if tetex-beta would be removed or marked
experimental again with this lifted package moratorium new strictness.

It would be Very Good (TM), if installing a package (and its
dependencies, eg, tetex-texmf) would be `enough' for the package to
work.  This is what Debian and Red Hat packages do, usually.

Having a broken package that doesn't get fixed by it's maintainer is
arguably worse than having none at all.  Maybe Cygwin should introduce
something like Debian's Non-maintainer uploads to address this problem?

Greetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter