Re: new site for my ports is up

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:38:32PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>My 2c on the layout - package letter based make s more sense to me. (It
>allows finding a package via ftp without knowing the category.)

Are you saying that I should have a list like "A" and put ash underneath
that?  "B" gets binutils?  Yuck.

This list is not intended to be used with ftp.  This is just intended as
a way to list the contents of packages.  It is definitely not intended to
allow people to download tar files.  That would be rather difficult since
you can't download directly from sources.redhat.com.

And, if I did provide a convenient method for downloading tar files we'd
be once again back to the pre-dependency setup problems.

>The web interface should allow categorised and filename based search/views
>though :}.

Categorized searches are already there.  Use "search" in your browser.
I don't see why filename searches would be useful.  The package names
are directly related to the filenames.  That is not going to change.

cgf