RE: about cygwin setup

	I would suggest something like what you said with the user being
able to pick up more than one configurations with only one snapshot per
configuration.  If that was too difficult, then maybe just a preset set of
configurations with the user only able to pick one.  If the user wanted to
go down to specifics, then there would be that option.  I believe the RedHat
Linux installation setup has something similar, configuration-wise.

So "user", "developer", and "administrator" are the configurations and
"previous", "current", and "experimental" are the snapshots?  Or is it the
reverse?  I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if there is any overlap
in the packages within whatever these categories are.  If there is and one
can select more than 1 category, one can theoretically
de-select a category too.  If this is allowed and there is overlap, then
safeguards need to be added make sure packages that overlap aren't
removed if other categories they're in are still selected.  I'm assuming
this has been considered and will be handled.  However, this wasn't
obviously the case so I wanted to raise the issue.