Re: Setup Alerts and Website

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "William D. Herndon" <w.herndon@ccp.de>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 2:57 AM
Subject: Setup Alerts and Website

> Hi!
>
> I've got three questions/suggestions:
>
> 1. I've been getting error alerts while running setup in download mode
> (file wrong size). My connection is "only" ISDN and it is taking a
long
> time (hours), so I have to keep checking if an alert has popped up and
> click okay. I think it would be friendlier to show a running logfile
or
> to present a logfile at the end. Is that already available via option?
> In planning?

Added to the wishlist (continue downloading past errors, present log of
failures at end).

> 2. I tried to find if anybody else had addressed this problem at the
> website, without much success. I could not find any reference to it
> outside of cvs, where it had a different name, "cinstall". There,
> you have to use cvs to get the wishlist and todo list (which I have
> not yet done, I am still downloading CygWin): I think it would be
> good to have the wish- and todo-lists available at the site.

If "someone" were to volunteer to maintain the wishlist, I'm sure Chris
can find space for it and I've no objection to it being a web page...
The reason I have no interest in doing that myself is that as I said in
my recent mail to cygwin-apps, I've little interest in maintaining a web
page - unless its going to help generate patches. Now, as you need to
use CVS to grab cinstall to make a patch, I don't see that there is any
extra barrier to entry in having the wishlist in CVS.

> 3. I think it would be very helpful, if a search engine could be
> integrated into the website.
What sort of search engine?
list archives? there is one.
packages? there is one.