Re: useing cyg setup vs installshield

> hi
>
> I would like to use the cygwin set-up program to install a set of
> binaries  onto a win32 machine rather than be forced to use InstallShield.

Well, that would certainly be a major step up from the breathtakingly bad
InstallShield.

> Any advice I would be eternally grateful for !

My Spidey Sense is filling in the blanks here and telling me that Cygwin's
setup, as of this writing, is probably not what you're looking for.  It
tells me you want to download a free program called InnoSetup
(http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.htm) and never look back towards
InstallShield lest you turn into a pillar of salt.

> I see that a new release of the set-up program has been issued is this
> likely to change drastically in the near future ?

Most assuredly.

> regards
>
> john jones

Gary R. Van Sickle