Re: gdb trouble

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 10:17:20AM -0800, Keith Seitz wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > > gdb is a Cygwin application.  It can act using POSIX paths and
> > > Cygwin mount points.  The GUI is not a Cygwin app.  It acts
> > > using native Windows paths.  Nobody has ported that stuff to
> > > Cygwin so far.  AFAIK.
> >
> > Ok, now you can add me to the confused list, too.
>
> Yeah, me too.  What I told was based on what you've written
> in your previous posting.  I have no real clue of the GUI
> since I'm always using gdb -nw.  You should know that better
> than me so please explain it.

Hmm. Okay.

So that we're all on the same page:

- Insight/gdb are both cygwin-aware. If you type commands at the console
using filenames, these filenames will go through all the cygwin mounts and
such.

- The tcl interpreter in Insight is NOT cygwin-aware. If you write custom
tcl commands for use with Insight, you must be careful to use
"ide_cygwin_path" to convert to/from cygwin paths from/to windows paths.

I think that's all there is.

Feeling less confused now. :v)
Keith