progs compiled with cygwin

I am writing an opengl-game using cygwin. If I start it from bash,
everything works fine, it starts promptly
and allocates about 22MB of memory.
But if I start it with double-click from wondows explorer, it takes 3 times
longer to start (loading data and
doing recursive octree seubdivision) and allocates about 55MB of memory.
There are also some errors
in opengl frustum culling. What could be the reason?
I already ripped out all unused variables (-Wunused to find them) and put my
current cygwin1.dll from
/bin/ into the directory of my game.
I don't have the slightest idea what's going on. Can you help me?

Thanx,

Gahre