[Fwd: Re: path suggestion needed]

Sorry Larry, I meant to reply to list!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: path suggestion needed
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:09:23 +0000
From: Don Sharp <dwsharp@iee.org>
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com>

The problem is that this is fine if you only want to run cygwin programs
from a shell initiated with the PATH set as per the cygwin default.

If you want to use cygwin utilities from non-cygwin tools the path to
cygwin should be in your system wide PATH.

On NT and later set it via SYSTEM in the control panel. On systems that
still use autoexec.bat do it there.

Cheers

Don Sharp