Re: New Install May Have a Bug

Remember all of those complaints on the mailing list about "cygwin is
too big"?  Remember the acrimony that resulted when we (the list)
declared that we only support installations that included EVERY cygwin
package?

The reason was because we had no ability to manage dependencies from
setup.exe.

The new setup DOES handle dependencies, so if you select 'vim' you'll
automatically get 'ncurses', etc.  Therefore, we can now allow/support
partial installations.

Concommitant with that, the default installation is now a bare minimum
of packages -- if you want more, you have to explicitly select the
additional packages.

--Chuck