x libraries for building xemacs

I'm trying to build xemacs gamma (21.4.5)  for cygwin, X11. For the life of
me I can't find any documentation on cygwin.com, xemacs.org and the
respective mailing lists archives telling me what versions of X11 libraries
to build against and where to find them. Can someone help me here? I would
appreciate it. Is there a general document which specifies which configure
flags I need.

My eventual goal is to be able to use xemacs as my remote window manager
into my NT box. My next steps down that path will obviously be inetd and
telnetd. Are there any pointers on how to compile, configure and run inetd
under cygwin? How is authentication handled under NT. Does it tie into NT
login authentication or do I need to setup a parallel system within cygwin?

I'm willing to read TFM but I am confused about how to find TFM. Any meta
suggestions about how to find documentation for issues of this sort will be
greatfully accepted.

Thanks
Steve Morris