working on bash

Dear users,

Hope this message not frustating one.

I recently installed cygwin(win 2000 professional with ntfs) directly
from Internet, I had very poor connections so I installed after running
setup many times. Now the problem is when I click on shortcut created by
cygwin setup program window popup and immediately terminate. Further, I
have  just set environment variable using command set "CYGWIN=tty
nottile glob and set MAKE_MODE=UNIX /CYGNUS$ export MAKE_MODE=UNIX" from
DOS prompt.

My  question is how should I proced further by going to bash

thanks in advance

bipin