Re: Anyone else having problems with setup and rcn.net - using latest

David Karr wrote :
Just for confirmation, I also just downloaded the latest "setup.exe" and got
these same errors with most of the mirror sites that I tried.  However, I
managed to get "ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at";; to work.

----------------------------

What was not mentioned, was that you receive the following window:

Cygwin Setup
This setup.ini is older than the one you used last time you installed
cygwin.  Proceed anyway?

Does that mean that the setup.ini has been changed incorrectly?

I did take a look at the erroneous setup.ini on line 88.  It's the last line
of a description,
that IMHO someone mis-edited.  It looks like someone added double-quotes in
the middle of the
description even though the description delimiter is a double-quote.

>From setup.ini
---------------
@ automake
sdesc: "Wrapper scripts for automake-devel and automake-stable"
ldesc: "This is Automake, a Makefile generator.  It was inspired
by the 4.4BSD make and include files, but aims to be portable and
to conform to the GNU standards for Makefile variables and targets.

Line 88 --->This package also includes the "aclocal" program.  aclocal is a
category: Devel
requires: ash automake-devel automake-stable

@ automake-devel
---------------

I have tried replacing the "aclocal" with 'aclocal', but I still receive the
same error.

Maybe tonight when I have enough time, I'll download the source code for
setup, and figure
out what else is wrong.

William (Daul) Hill II
Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Engineering

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824
USA
www.matrixone.com

Changing the Way the World Brings Products to Market(tm)