Re: SSHD Automatically Starting as a Service in Win2k

Thanks, everything looks fine in the registry except the Parameters
AppPath was "\usr\sbin\sshd" so I changed it to what have below,
however, I got a new Application log error: "The description for Event
ID ( 0 ) in Source ( C:\\Cygwin\\usr\\sbin\\sshd.exe ) cannot be
found." so I changed it to "C:\Cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd.exe" and the App
log error went away, but the 4 Sys log errors remain.

Any other thoughts?

P.S. Why did you have double slashes "\\" in the paths?

Collin Grady wrote:

>      Check to make sure that the file the service is trying to start is
> cygrunsrv, not sshd.  You have to use cygrunsrv to control the service, with
> the path to sshd as a param for the service.
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sshd]
> "ImagePath"="C:\\Cygwin\\bin\\cygrunsrv.exe"
> "DisplayName"="sshd"
> "ObjectName"="LocalSystem"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sshd\Parameters]
> "AppPath"="C:\\Cygwin\\usr\\sbin\\sshd.exe"
>      -Collin Grady
>
> Bend the facts to fit the conclusion. It's easier that way.

Troy Jensen

Aravox Technologies, Inc.
(651) 556-4342 Desk
(612) 987-3399 Cell