Re: experimental texmf packages

Hallo Jan,

Am 2001-11-29 um 16:45 schriebst du:

> "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb@nyckelpiga.de> writes:

>> >     texconfig confall
>> >     texconfig rehash
>> >     texconfig init
>>
>> Seems to work ok.

> Good.  Has this been tried with an automatic setup install, or did you
> run texconfig by hand?  It should work right out of the box.  It would

That was installed with setup.exe.  But I didn't tested much, so I would
like to do more testing.

> be good to have tetex-beta depend upon tetex-base, and libncurses5
> (for texconfig) imho; while having the other texmf packages should
> marked optional.  How do we arrange that?

There seem to be also be dependencies to libpng which causes errors.

> Also, what are the drills for a cygwin submission?  I'm not running
> cygwin myself (I'm allowed to use GNU/Linux at work :-)), but I've
> read something about setup hints...

Request at cygwin-apps and if there are three or more in favour to add it
and no objections, it is in.  If there are pros and contras it needs a
discussion.

>> I'm in favour to include it in the net release. (and if it is no problem
>> of my setup, tetex needs a rebuild?)

> I tried this, but it seems that a plain rebuild gives some (small)
> problems; the binary executables don't get a .exe extension, eg.

Ask the maintainer please.

> Greetings,
> Jan.

> Btw, how is your guile contribution coming along?

The static build is ok, same quality as yours, only two minor patches.
Dynamic seems to make problems at least with lilypond, also another guy
was not able to rebuild it with my patch, I think we should include the
static version and wait until 1.6 is released to provide a build with
static and dynamic libraries.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--