Re: vim doesn't work

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Mike Oliver wrote:
> >

> >   "The procedure entry point bind_textdomain_codeset could not be
> >    located in the dynamic link library cygintl.dll "
> Run 'cygcheck -c gettext'.  If it doesn't say 0.10.38-2, then you need
> to upgrade your gettext package.

Thanks for your help.  cygcheck doesn't seem to know about a -c option.
However I found these lines in setup.log:

  Installing previous version...contrib/gettext/gettext-0.10.35-2p1.tar.gz
  Reinstalling previous version...contrib/gettext/gettext-0.10.35-2p1-src.tar.gz

I do not understand this.  This is an absolutely new installation of
cygwin; I downloaded everything (including source) from scratch the day
before yesterday.  How can it happen that I don't have the latest of
everything?  Did I do something wrong while running setup.exe?

(I did notice that sometimes setup.exe gave you more than one choice
of which version to take, and I tried always to take the latest one
but could have slipped, I suppose.  Is there a way to tell it "get
the latest stable version of everything of which I don't already have the
latest stable version"?  Most packages seem to be set to "Skip" by default.)