Re: cvs/ssh and rsa based authentication

This is my guess:

Your Cygwin ssh client and the server you are connecting to have probably
decided to use SSH2 protocol but you have not appended your
~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub to the servers ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2.

Either stick to SSH1 by using the -1 option to the ssh client or transfer
contents of ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub to the servers  ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2.

I guess this because its happened to me.

You should be able to debug this by using the -v option in ssh.

Good luck.

--
Mark Himsley
In Acton