Re: Debug version of cygwin dll

You need to bunzip2 and untar the src, then cd to
/usr/src/cygwin-1.3.5-3 (or wherever you extracted it to) and do the
following:

mkdir build
cd build
../configure
make
make install

Also, I don't know if you need to manually export CFLAGS=-g, just don't
strip the dll after you build it. IIRC when you build anything it has
the debug info included, but the binaries are shipped stripped :-)

Another thing- if you plan on debugging another cygwin1.dll with this
debug version of the cygwin1.dll, search for "running independent
site:cygwin.com" on google, there is an excellent discussion (don't try
this at home kids) about running two independent cygwin1.dll's.

HTH,
Peter

Polley Christopher W wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build cygwin(-1.3.5.3) with the debug symbols included.  I
> exported CFLAGS=-g, then did ./configure, make, and make install; but only
> the .a libraries were built.  Is there more info available about the
> makefile targets in this package?  The README doesn't mention it and it's
> not obvious (to me) from inspection of the Makefile.  How does one build the
> dlls? (or are debug versions available in a tarball?)
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>

> --

Your mouse has moved.