Re: experimental texmf packages

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 10:04:22AM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> writes:
>> That's the thing -- Chris has been offering webspace if folks needed
>> it.  BUT, you don't even NEED webspace to port a package.  Just port it,
>> promise to maintain it, and upload it to sourceware.
>
>Ok, I didn't know that.  Feb 1999 I sent this mail:
>
>    http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/1999-02/msg00822.html
>
>and got no reactions; no questions if I would maintain it; if things
>could be uploaded or whatever.  So, I just continued scratching my own
>itch.

Sadly, I don't believe that I was even in charge of the project in Feb
1999.  And, since I was ill, and the local Cygnus office was being closed
around that time, I probably had other things on my mind.

Regardless, it didn't really require me, or anyone else, to make this
thing fly.  You had a web site.  Why didn't people beat a path to your
door?

cgf