RE: I cannot use Linux drive in CygWin

Try this:

-install the corrupted hard drive into your backup PC, assuming WIN32/FAT32
here...
-boot from a Linux emergency rescue diskette that has both FAT32 support and
your
Linux filesystem support in the kernel.  I've been using this neat little
one called
"Toms rbtb" or something like that.  Go to yahoo.com and search for "toms
boot linux disk".
-login as root and mount the FAT32 partition you are going to copy the data
to.
-attempt to mount your Linux partitions and copy away.  If the hard drive
isn't
corrupted too bad you might luck out and be able to recover some of that
data.

Andrew.