CYGWIN and rlogin - non inheritance of variable CYGWIN

Hi

I use inetd with CYGWIN on NT4 station.
I configured inetd proprely (variable CYGWIN put to "binmode ntsec
notty" and registry key as explained in the doc with same value).

I need "notty" use of CYGWIN to run some NT programs.

with system variable CYGWIN put to "binmode ntsec notty" i get those NT
programs run well
but with rlogin (from IRIX station) they do not work and CYGWIN variable
is not set.

What is wrong with my configuration. What is the tuning for getting
CYGWIN with "notty" teminal for rlogin ?

Thank you for helping