vimtutor

(a) What should I get as a response to vimtutor <Enter>? Both at the bash
prompt and in a rxvt terminal window I get

    tempfile: not found
    vim6: Command not found

followed by a text tutorial several pages long, evidently viewed from within
vim itself. Is this "right" (the error messages are a bit non-optimal, but
something is working)?

(b) I have earlier memories of a multi-coloured Help facility / tutorial for
vim, that was interactive (you could work through it and press links, that
worked). Maybe this preceded all the recent vim updates of the past couple
of months. I can't find it now. Please can anybody remind me what this was,
and how to get there?

Thank you.

Fergus